Built In Colorado honors Pie in its 2021 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Raises $118 Million in Series C Funding
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie is transforming small business insurance - starting with workers’ compensation. We are driven by our core values that guide every decision we make, the community we build, and the service we deliver to our small business customers. Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Corporate Recruiter at Pie, you will attract and hire entry level to senior level talent within a variety of Corporate functions. Working across the organization, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional fellow Pie-oneers. In this role, you will be a face of Pie with our candidates, in the Denver, DC and national talent market.
We will consider this role for continued remote work with some work/travel to our offices in Denver or DC.
How You'll Do It:
Manage full-cycle recruiting process:
- Develop strategies to identify, attract and engage with the best talent with a focus on passive candidate outreach and innovative sourcing strategies.
- Manage candidate flow through our ATS, Lever.
- Collaborate with the People Partner to determine the best offer.
- Leverage a good understanding of functional corporate areas and how they work together.
- Provide all Pie prospects and candidates with a world class experience.
- Understand the candidate’s needs to present a market competitive offer with candidate expectations in mind.
- Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive hiring plans to achieve them.
- Partner with Executives, Leaders and the Director of Talent to create and distribute across our job posting platforms and social media.
- Coach hiring managers and guide them throughout the recruiting process.
- Be the subject matter expert and resource for hiring partners.
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with client groups.
- Manage the kick-off, interview panel and debrief session.
- Proficient with team processes. Improve & own productivity. Positive influence on the team.
- Provides input on process improvements.
- Can manage a moderate workload capacity, moderate volume and/or complexity.
- Support talent branding, external events and project work that continues to develop and enhance Pie’s recruitment and brand development.
The Right Stuff
- 2 years experience with sourcing or full lifecycle recruiting required across multiple departments including corporate functions.
- 6 months experience recruiting in a fast paced start-up environment.
- A mix of agency and corporate recruiting experience is preferred.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Basic problem solving skills to be able to resolve simple problems quickly and effectively.
- Basic self-direction and responsibility for own tasks, deliverables and timelines.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office machines
- Experience with an ATS required.
- Experience with common sourcing tools, like LinkedIn Recruiter, required.
- Ability to manage and navigate moderately complex recruiting situations with stakeholders and candidates is required.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the employee value proposition to candidates and write a compelling pitch email to prospective candidates, required.
- Strong business acumen, required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $92,000 - $103,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.