Coordinator, Diversity & Inclusion at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Work closely to collaborate with the leadership and membership of Ball Resource Groups to assist with the execution of all resource group activities in concert with the D&I strategy. The coordinator will also work closely with the D&I Leadership to help coordinate effort with other positions within the function.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Attends all meetings for Ball Resource Groups and provides tactical assistance, guidance and other resources as needed to ensure BRG initiatives are successful.
- Coordinates and supports BRG and BIG efforts through communications support, meeting attendance, event coordination including site/catering/audiovisual reservations and logistics and other duties as necessary.
- Develops internal and external communications relating to D&I including development of quarterly D&I newsletters as well as support of D&I vlog and podcasts.
- Supports Sr. Director of D&I in the execution of diversity strategies that reflect company business and talent priorities and contributes to the development of an inclusive work environment.
- Coordinates engagement with outside vendors that provide services to support the D&I strategy. Services include but are not limited to vendor travel, events coordination, management of invitations and RSVP’s and all related vendor needs.
- Manages the process for award surveys, including working with the proper stakeholders to collect necessary data and coordinating with D&I team to determine strategy for survey engagement.
- Maintains D&I’s presence on all Ball Corporation internal and external websites.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education preferred or work-related experience
- Experience in coordinating groups and projects without direct management oversight (self-starter)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, manage projects, interpret data and make recommendations
- A commitment to and experience working with diverse groups and individuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,500 - 70,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 8
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans