Contract Technical Recruiter at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (MST) on Friday, August 7, 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie.
As a Contract Technical Recruiter at Pie, you will play a critical role in building our Engineering team. You will partner directly with our CTO and engineering leaders to find top technical talent. This contract extends through the end of the year.
How You’ll Do It
Pie believes in the power of human potential. Hiring amazing talent is core to our ability to serve the small business community. As our first full-time Technical Recruiter, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional fellow Pie-oneers!
In this role, you will be a face of Pie with our candidates. The typical day in this role includes:
· Providing all Pie prospects and candidates with a world class experience from start to finish
· Manage full-cycle recruiting process for Pie’s Engineering team and other teams as assigned
· Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive hiring plans to achieve them
· Develop strategies to identify, attract and engage with the best talent from events to sourcing and referrals
· Recommend, build and execute processes that will help our recruiting team scale our efforts for years to come
· Coaching hiring managers and guiding them throughout the recruiting process
· Managing candidate flow through our ATS, Lever
· Meeting and greeting candidates for onsite interviews
You may work with the team on other efforts, such as:
· Creating, reviewing and distributing our job postings across our job posting platforms and social media
· Providing people-related support to both our DC and Denver offices
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. This is an experienced hire role, and you’ll need to bring five years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably in a mix of agency and high-growth tech environments. Here’s what else we’re looking for:
· People. You want to help others and enjoy facilitating the hiring experience.
· Hunting. The hunt thrills you and keeps you relentlessly on the lookout for not only the best talent but also newer and better ways of finding them.
· Farming. You cultivate a pipeline for months, perhaps even years, keeping top talent in your sights.
· Connecting. You understand requirements and needs. You understand what the candidate brings to the table and make the right connection within Pie.
· Qualifying. You leverage best practices to assess and qualify talent for Pie. No gut instincts, no good feelings. You get to the bottom of the story, every time.
· Urgency. You respond with lightning speed to texts, calls and emails. You don’t let next steps linger on your to-do list. You prefer an environment where a strong sense of urgency is rewarded.
· Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
· Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
• Competitive salary
• A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
• Comprehensive health plans
• Generous PTO
• Paid sick leave
• Commuting allowance
• Future focused 401k match
• Modern office space with onsite gym
• Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
• Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding