VP, Finance at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a VP of Finance. As the VP of Finance you will play a pivotal role in scaling the organization and further developing the finance and accounting functions at Guild.
In particular, we are looking for a leader who is effectively able to work up, down and across an organization, asks “why,” and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive decision-making for Guild. We are looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, provide functional expertise and counsel, and is interested in building a world class team.
As VP of Finance, you will:
- Financial Planning
- Institute and evolve financial reporting processes to support executive business decision-making
- Evolve financial forecasting and planning processes to support profitable revenue growth
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate metrics, scorecards and financial reports
- Develop budgeting and planning framework that supports executive understanding of trends and facilitates clarity of resource allocation
- Develop framework for understanding the productivity and return potential for key company initiatives / investments
- Processes and Controls
- Grow and develop an accounting department that supports the company’s growth strategy
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Develop technical accounting capability to ensure revenue and cost accounting are supported with robust documentation
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare, manage and execute on internal and external audit responsibilities, including SOCs, client specific audits, etc.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes
- Other (bonus)
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions
- Manage relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance
- Interact with venture capital partners and board of directors
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In this role you will report to Josh Scott and collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Rachel Carlson, Bijal Shah, & Mae Podesta
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 12+ years of managerial accounting, financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $100+ million in annual revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required, MBA is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in a service (not manufacturing) business with activity-based project costing
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Merger and acquisition diligence experience
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.