VP, Corporate Development
The VP, Corporate Development is responsible for leading the Corporate Development department and advising senior management on strategic partnership and M&A activity. This role is responsible for developing corporate development strategies, evaluating potential acquisition, investment and partnership targets, developing relationships with key external parties, and participating in execution and integration efforts. This position will report into the Executive Vice President of Finance & Accounting and play a key role in the strategic direction of ANGI Homeservices.
- Partner with senior management of ANGI Homeservices and IAC on strategy development, target identification, and prioritization of opportunities
- Identify and evaluate potential M&A and strategic partnership opportunities including assessing strategic fit, business value, and value-creation opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams in diligence efforts and integration planning and execution
- Proactively develop relationships with potential target company owners and managers to support M&A strategy execution
- Assist senior management as appropriate in discussions regarding acquisition opportunities
- Proactively research and follow competitors – listening to earnings calls, watching movement in privately-held organizations, following product announcements, etc – to provide detailed competitive intelligence to leadership
Key Attributes Needed for Success
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours. Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple business partners.
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value.
- Clarity of thought – strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and build consensus / receive buy-in from Executive leadership.
- Team Oriented – Able to earn trust and influence and motivate without authority. Capable of leading others, working independently, and earning respect and credibility from Executives through knowledge, execution ability, inclusiveness, and effective communications.
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action.
- Resilient – independent problem solver with ability to overcome roadblocks or other obstacles and pursue and close complex deals.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 6-8 years progressive experience related to corporate development, M&A, financial modeling and analysis, deal structuring and negotiation, and strategy
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and business valuation
- Thorough knowledge of strategic analysis
- Demonstrated experience in transactions
- Experience in the home services sector a plus
- Proven ability to perform independent business assessments
- Experience working with Capital IQ, FactSet, or similar products
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
This role will play a critical role in the growth of our organization, and if you have strong experience in corporate development, we'd love the chance to chat.