VP, Accounting at Evolve (Remote)
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
Evolve is looking for a Vice President, Accounting to lead our accounting and financial controls organization. We’ve completed several Big-4 audits and are elevating our capabilities to support a multi-billion dollar company. Reporting to the CFO, the role will be responsible for leading areas such as financial reporting, payroll, treasury, corporate tax, financial regulatory reporting, financial systems, accounts payable, and equity. The current team is made up of ~12 Evolvers, including an experienced Controller, who will report to this role.
The successful candidate will have served as a senior accounting executive of a public technology company and preferably scaled an accounting organization through an initial public offering.
What you’ll do
- Plan and direct all accounting activities across the organization to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC and other government regulations
- Lead accounting teams in the development, implementation, and oversight of company-wide accounting policies, procedures and controls to improve the operations of the business while effectively managing risk
- Collaborate with Financial Planning & Analysis team on the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports for internal and external audiences
- Provide regular updates to the audit committee, manage their agenda and associated communication.
- Manage the professional development of the team through ongoing growth opportunities and effective goal setting
- Work cross-functionally and use technology to build scalable and sustainable processes and controls to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations, and improve the employee experience
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships across the company. Provide practical, savvy accounting expertise to others in the organization as we continue to evolve.
- Governance and compliance
- Provide clear guidance to executive management and the Audit Committee on complex accounting/reporting and other business matters
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to develop, align on, and deliver annual and quarterly Objectives and Key Results (“OKRs”)
- Establish and manage team budget, goals, objectives and KPIs
What makes you a great fit
- 15+ years accounting experience including at least 5 years in public accounting at a leading firm and at least 5 years in senior accounting leadership roles at high-growth public companies
- Proven track record to hire, manage and mentor high-performing teams
- Expert-level technical accounting skills and knowledge of U.S. GAAP, and active CPA license
- Experience implementing systems to achieve scalability of the business and accounting functions
- Experience developing and managing effective internal controls over financial reporting including the development and management of a SOX compliance program
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience related to tax and equity
- Ability to achieve cross-functional alignment and project prioritization to support objectives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and good humor
- Believe in and embody our 10 Core Values
- Experience in travel and/or marketplace business models preferred
- Merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience
- Experience with international entities (we don’t have any yet, but may in time)
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work in our beautiful downtown Denver office, completely remote, or a hybrid of both!
Not in Colorado? We're happy to consider candidates in the following states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, KS, KY, LA, MI, MO, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, and WA.
For this role our salary range is $200,000-$275,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.