For other positions, some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is hiring a Vice President of Finance, to build and lead a team at our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, this role will be an integral part of our Finance and Accounting team, responsible for financial planning, financial analytics, budgeting and forecasting. They will use their deep knowledge of Guild’s business along with financial and operational data to support the company’s continued growth, look over the horizon, predict performance and anticipate opportunities and risks. This leader will help create strategy, systems, process, and best practices within FP&A and Strategic Finance that drive predictive analysis and data-driven decisions at the company. The VP will be involved in day-to-day execution of the finance team’s operational processes, and be a strategic business partner to senior leaders across Guild helping connect our strategy to execution. We are seeking an experienced and forward thinking executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management.
This role has a location preference of San Francisco, CA, open to Denver, CO.
As Vice President of Finance, you will:
- Build and lead core planning and forecasting processes, including long range planning, annual budgeting, monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Be a business partner and trusted advisor to functional leaders across the organization
- Leverage knowledge of data and analytics to forecast and predict business performance
- Help communicate financial information, key metrics and business trends in a clear and compelling way to the company, leadership, Board of Directors, and investors
- Play a leading role in M&A diligence, evaluating and sizing acquisition opportunities
- Build out a diverse Finance team and oversee necessary finance vendors to help drive and enable the company’s fast growth anticipate needs, identify, hire and develop a high-performing team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance function with 4 years in a leadership role
- Experience building High-Impact Teams with impeccable business judgement
- Strong Financial Modeling Skills
- Experience with Marketplace Businesses preferred
- Experience with B2B Sales Forecasting preferred
- Excellent communication skills, especially written and graphical
- Strong processes development capabilities
- Highly analytical, with a focus on both the numerical answer and the ‘so what?’
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $220,000-$285,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.