Vice President, Finance
The VP, Finance reports directly to the CFO and contributes significantly to the overall success of Vertafore by strategically directing and effectively managing all financial aspects of the company relating to the annual budget, financial planning and analysis, monthly forecast, board and lender reporting, and company-wide performance management. It is important that the person who fills this role is hands on and able to contribute as both a manager and individual contributor, within his/her team as well as cross-functionally, most notably with Sales (including Sales Operations), Product, Service, and Support, and other general and administrative functions including the senior leadership team. The VP, Finance is also responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systemsThis position will manage a team and forge key relationships with all Finance and shared services personnel across Vertafore.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Understands and promotes the Vertafore culture, stays abreast of financial and competitive issues/events, uses industry knowledge to benefit the organization.
- Provide capital and other investment financial analyses along with ongoing monitoring of capital expenditures.
- Prepare financial presentations for the monthly and quarterly board/sponsor update meetings.
- Keep CFO and Operations leadership updated and informed. This includes developing strong cross-functional relationships and managing cross-functional projects.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to support financial strategies and to educate and gain support for related key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain long-term financial model and regularly monitor financial performance of the organization.
- Ownership of the annual budget and 12-month rolling forecast of the PL, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and keep CFO informed of any changes.
- Lead strategic planning, budget and target-setting processes, including monthly forecasts and key performance monitoring.
- Lead the development of key operational metrics and reporting, and to provide analysis of financial results and key metrics.
- Provide reporting and analysis on customer level and product line level profitability.
- Execute continuous process improvement including an assessment of the software tools needed to manage our FP&A processes.
- Develop the FP&A team by supporting the investment in continuous professional development.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
- MBA desired.
- 6-8 years' experience in the FP&A function with previous management experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and practices.
- Experience with managing and/or implementing Business Intelligence for financial performance management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and command of all MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment, honesty and integrity.
- Self-motivated, ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Able to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner.
Physical Requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent reaching with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and standing.