Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a VP of Finance and Accounting to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
The CFO is looking for a leader to completely take the reins over the Finance and Accounting operations and partner with the rest of the Management Team to improve our operational excellence. The ideal candidate needs to know exactly what needs to be done to grow and scale our operations and must be able to take initiative, get the job done with little or no direction, and be able to drive significant change into the business – both within our department and company-wide. The VP of Finance and Accounting is responsible for being the rollup and intersection between finance and accounting.
This is an opportunity where you will get exposure to all facets of our SaaS business. This includes, but isn’t limited to; operational and financial reporting, budgeting, cash management, financial analysis, close process, process improvement, ERP and systems automation, international and domestic compliance, revenue recognition, AP/AR/T&E, payroll, benefits, management of banking relationships and whatever else sounds interesting to grow your career and keep you engaged and challenged.
Additionally, to be a successful candidate this person must be an engaging and inspiring leader to grow our team; have command and control of all facets of technical accounting, financial statement reporting and the close process, excellent process improvement and systems skills, advanced analytics and modeling as well as superior presentation and organizational skills.
What you will contribute:
- Monthly consolidating close process and account reconciliations for all entities – domestic and foreign – in 10 working days or less
- Technical accounting
- Overseeing the Accounting, Finance, and Information System teams
- Financial reporting (consolidated, investor, internal and statutory) – monthly, quarterly and annually
- Operational and process improvements
- Annual budget process, forecast, and long term planning
- Company-wide metric development, tracking, and reporting
- Audit and tax compliance
- Audit Committee coordination, communications, and governance
- M&A diligence and integration support and ownership
- Informational systems
- Contracting support
- Key business partner for company-wide and cross-functional initiatives
- Contract pricing and margin analysis
- Management of 15-20 people across 4 different squads
- Inspirational leadership with a tendency towards training and team and staff development
- Strategic at solving complex cross-functional problems
- Facilities management – responsible for lease negotiations and management of office buildouts and building selection
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Software as a service or Tech industry experience
- Inspiring leader and manager of people
- High emotional IQ – very strong interpersonal skills
- Loves accounting, excel and getting to the right answer – always
- Results-oriented with superior organization and prioritization skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis and financial modeling
- Proven ability to present financial data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills
- Proven teamwork skills with the ability to handle a diverse workload with tight time frame requirements and competing resources
- Proven self-starter that doesn’t need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem-solving and project collaboration.
- Superior Excel modeling skills Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA required
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in Big-4 public accounting
- Recent experience must include;
- A multi-national public company
- Technical accounting and financial reporting oversight
- SOX oversight
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.