Treasury Manager at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Treasury Manager
Treasury Manager - Treasury
Treasury Cash Management–Denver
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic finance department to support cash management activities at Prologis. The candidate will primarily be responsible running the daily Americas (USA, Canada, Mexico, oversight of Brazil) Cash Desk for Prologis and its Funds/JV’s under management. This requires a high level of interaction with the PeopleSoft cash management system.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Lead discussions within the Cash Management Americas group and coordinating of various meetings
- Monitor overall Americas cash position and help Treasury Director minimize cash balances
- Assist with buildout of new cash forecasting model and system
- Helping Treasury Director plan line of credit usage utilizing short-term cash forecast
- Reviewing daily liquidity report and Treasury Dashboard for accuracy
- Review new Treasury Management Systems and technologies and provide recommendations for future implementations
- Manage Americas cash desk, monitor all aspects of its operation and take prompt action to resolve problems either by escalating them within the treasury team, or by working with other departments (e.g. IT, Accounting, AP)
- Releasing authorized wires through the PeopleSoft cash management system or bank payments platform
- Interacting with bank officials at various levels (escalating if necessary) to request action and resolve issues
- Monitor individual bank accounts for potential excessive cash positions or overdrafts and take prompt action to remedy this where necessary
- Opening and closing bank accounts
- Analyze bank fee billings and identify opportunities for savings
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure smooth, accurate operation of the PeopleSoft cash management system
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the cash team, or other treasury processes
- Assist in a wide range of ad-hoc tasks and projects to ensure the smooth operation of the cash management function
- Act as back-up for the Treasury Director on Cash Management Activities
- Develop and share the responsibility to implement improvements and automation tools
- Generate ideas for improved reporting metrics and requirements through the use of dashboards and KPI’s, etc. (in Tableau) as needed by the corporate Treasury department
- Continuing learning of Treasury best practices and theories and utilize these ideas and assist in implementing to become real world solutions
- Ability to work on projects in parallel
- Develop departmental strategy agendas, presentations and preparations to discuss and contribute during the meetings
- Ability to produce and present to Senior Management (Director, VP, SVP, MD)
- Become a member of local or national organization (RMAFP, AFP, EUROFINANCE, etc.) to expand Prologis exposure to the market. Encouraged to also present at various functions when opportunities arise to raise awareness for Prologis and our goals.
Tell us if you’re ready:
- Track record of successful project management capabilities and commitment to clearly setting and accomplishing project deliverables
- 3-5 years prior Treasury exposure and concepts highly recommended
- Experience using Peoplesoft ERP system a plus
- Experience with Treasury Management Systems (TMS) required, previous TMS system implementation experience preferred and knowledge of other Treasury Fintech recommended
- Build cooperative relationships with co-workers, managers and supervisors in a global team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present your ideas clearly to decision-makers
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau/BI), Sigma and data management tools (SQL, Python) and databases is a strong plus
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills; Experience with Visio, Tableau/BI, Microsoft PowerBI, Sigma a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or IT. Masters degree in these fields also highly coveted.
- Good general knowledge of finance and accounting terms and practices
- Numerate, analytical and able to cope with complexity
- Strong written and oral communication skills, both internal and external to the organization
- Good working knowledge of banking practices and in dealing with bank personnel at several different levels
- Experience in opening bank accounts at domestic and/or international corporate banks
- Willing and able to take on a leadership role in projects; sees initiatives through to conclusion
Hiring Salary Range of $95,000 - $120,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-AN1
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time