Transaction Tax Analyst at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
As a Transaction Tax Analyst, you will be working closely with the Transaction Tax Manager and Tax Director to ensure the timely and accurate filing of the Company’s U.S. and Canadian transaction tax returns at all jurisdictional levels. You will also work with our tax team members to collect, validate and analyze data required for other monthly compliance processes and tax refunds. This position is part of a growing tax department with opportunities for developing one’s tax expertise.
- Responsible for preparing and filing U.S. and Canadian transaction tax returns.
- Assist with Canadian transaction tax audits.
- Assist the Transaction Tax Manager with reviewing capital purchases for overpayments of sales tax.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of business licenses.
- Assist in preparing transaction tax, regulatory filings and unclaimed property reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in compliance data.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Identify new process improvement opportunities.
Key Skills and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree or BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Analytics, or relevant field.
- Experience in the telecom industry would be an advantage.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & Access, as well as other MS Office applications. Google applications including Gmail, Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Salesforce.com and/or Oracle R12 experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills to handle multiple priorities
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter to meet the needs of the business.
Base salary range: $50,480-$55,191
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time