Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS is building a World Class Export Control and Trade Sanctions Compliance program. The FIS Export Control & Trade Sanctions Compliance team is part of the broader Compliance Program at FIS. The team plays a crucial role in various areas of sanctions compliance including, but not limited to, investigation and escalation of sanctions alerts, management of true sanctions matches, execution of alert quality control reviews, management of sanctions lists, production of management information and reporting, review of sanctions risk assessment methodology and results, tracking of internal and external sanctions issues and oversight of tuning, configuration and automation of sanctions technology.
What you will be doing:
This position is responsible for helping manage and direct as well as provide analytical support to FIS' Global Corporate Compliance Group's Export Control & Trade Sanctions Compliance program. You will manage and evolve FIS' trade sanctions screening program, including the management and enhancement of trade sanctions screening alert review and evaluations processes. Program / project management and planning are key skills to your success.
- Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact FIS products, services, and business activities.
- Manages trade sanctions / restricted party screening processes of entities and individuals via the use of third-party screening tool.
- Helps defined governance processes, procedures, and standards with respect to the analysis of prospective and current clients to ensure entities are not sanctioned parties.
- Manages, directs, develops, and motivates a team of screening analysts.
- Performs risk assessments, and monitors and track issue resolutions.
- Develops compliance related resources and training to promote compliance awareness excellence.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans; oversees development and implementation of compliance programs
- Identifies key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses the effectiveness of controls, and promotes improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
- Participates in enterprise corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Manages projects related to the build out and evolution of the trade sanctions screening program; ensures budgets and schedules are met.
What you bring:
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance such as trade sanctions, OFAC regulations, AML, BSA, or export controls.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in banking or financial services compliance.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and is detailed oriented.
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program.
- Ability to manage and lead staff.
- Strong program / project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.