Technical Revenue Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Technical Revenue Analyst - Data Companies, you will play a key role within the Accounting organization. Specifically, you will report to the Technical Accounting Manager and will be a key contributor in documenting revenue processes for Checkr’s data subsidiaries as well as ensuring revenue reporting remains compliant in accordance with ASC 606. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting with various other processes such as: systems migrations, customer contract review, partner revenue sharing and assisting in assessing commissions metrics for all of Checkr’s subsidiaries.
Further, you will ensure that accounting processes and policies are being applied and followed uniformly amongst subsidiaries. This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional, so you must be smart & resourceful, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment. You will combine your accounting experience with knowledge of financial reporting to become a trusted business partner throughout the revenue team and rest of the organization.
- Lead the revenue recording and reporting processes for all Checkr data business subsidiaries.
- Assist in maintaining Checkr’s technical revenue documentation for all data business subsidiaries as well as researching and providing conclusions for new accounting positions.
- Contract review and analysis relating to new sales and renewal deals to ensure all subsidiaries are recognizing revenue from new & existing contracts in accordance with ASC 606.
- Partner cross-functionally to assist in the recording of sales compensation, commission and channel/partner revenue share expenses.
- Continually improving revenue processes and pushing automation while maintaining compliance with ASC 606 for accurate revenue reporting.
- Scope and manage analytical projects driven by the needs of the business such as financial analysis, revenue analysis, and other ad hoc projects.
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal, and Financial Planning and Strategy (FP&S) teams, managing multiple projects at a time with an impeccable attention to detail and timelines.
- Assistance in yearly financial audits along with other regulatory reporting.
What you bring:
- 4+ years of Accounting, Finance or related field experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Ability to manage/create complex models/calculations
- Must be comfortable analyzing large data sets
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze complex contracts and parse out pertinent information
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams and G&A functions
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and Looker is a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred, Big 4 audit experience is a plus
- CPA required, or CPA track will be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $83,000 - $98,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.