Technical Revenue Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Technical Revenue Analyst, you will report to the Technical Accounting Manager, and play a key role within the Accounting organization. Specifically, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely commissions calculations and reporting as well as maintaining Checkr’s capitalized costs to obtain a contract accounting (in accordance with ASC 340-40). Additionally, you will be a key contributor to ensuring Checkr’s revenue reporting remains compliant in accordance with ASC 606 as well as assisting with various other processes within the Technical Accounting organization (such as contract review and technical memo writing). You will work closely with the Finance, Legal, Sales, Customer Success and Business Development teams by providing critical analysis, forecasting, reporting, and calculations for Checkr’s revenue & commissions processes. As a part of Checkr’s accounting team, you will help to ensure Checkr provides accurate and timely financial reporting and that all accounting records are booked in accordance with GAAP. This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional, so you must be smart & resourceful, demonstrate initiative, and be able to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will combine your financial modeling experience with knowledge of financial reporting & accounting to become a trusted business partner throughout the revenue team and the rest of the organization.
- Ownership of the sales compensation and commission processes. Continually improving these processes and pushing automation while maintaining compliance with ASC 340-40 for accurate revenue related expense reporting
- Contract review and analysis relating to new sales and renewal deals to ensure Checkr is recognizing revenue from new & existing contracts in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist in maintaining Checkr’s technical accounting documentation as well as researching and providing conclusions for new accounting positions
- Scope and manage analytical projects driven by the needs of the business such as financial analysis, revenue analysis, and other ad hoc projects
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Business Development teams, managing multiple projects at a time with impeccable attention to detail and timelines
- Assistance in yearly financial audits along with other regulatory reporting
What you bring:
- 1-3 years of Accounting, Finance or related field experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of ASC 340-40 (Cost to Obtain a Contract) and ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition) is critical
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Ability to manage/create complex models/calculations
- Must be comfortable analyzing large data sets
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze complex sales plans contracts and parse out pertinent information
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with revenue teams and G&A functions
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, and CaptivateIQ is a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred, Big 4 audit experience is a plus
- CPA or CPA track is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.