Technical Accounting Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Technical Accounting Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Serve as a technical accounting subject matter expert (business combinations, equity accounting, leases, capitalized software, debt, etc.)
- Research, assess impacts, and develop and lead adoption of new accounting standards
- Own executing of financial audits, including planning, interim and final audit work coordination with auditors, coordination of all internal resources and needs to support the audit, etc.
- Research and develop approach for segment reporting routine
- Assist with planning and execution of tax audits, provision calculations, and return preparations including coordination of tax service providers, preparation of required documents, review of tax provisions and returns, etc.
- Provide insights into best reporting practices of new SEC registrants including MD&A sections, KPIs, etc. and lead readiness plans for such requirements
- Perform research and articulate findings and recommendations related to SEC requirements and reporting best practices for comparable companies and industries
- Responsible for debt reporting, compliance and relationship with the lending institutions
- Own preparation of investors reporting package and serve as a liaison for investors request and various requirements
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into details and take ownership
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills and aptitude
- Great attitude to approach and deal with challenges and change
- Desire and mindset for continuous improvement
What you bring to Uplight:
- BS/MS in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience, preferably with Big 4 firms, including SEC clients, or a combination of public (min 4 years) and relevant private industry experience
- CPA accreditation
- Strong US GAAP knowledge (specifically, Business Combinations, Leases, Capitalized Software)
- Practical experience with application of new accounting pronouncements
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to translate technical accounting language into practical implications
- Working knowledge of income tax accounting
- Experience with the SOX control framework
- Strong accounting/SEC database research skills
- Software/Technology industry experience
- IPO readiness or assessment experience
- Industry (non public accounting) experience to supplement public accounting experience
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $95,000 to $115,000 (dependent upon experience).
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.