Technical Accounting Manager
The Technical Accounting Manager works directly with our Financial Controller and Accounting/Finance team as a specialist and expert in the field of compliance, revenue recognition, process improvement, tax, and other technical accounting functions.
The Technical Accounting Manager is expected to be the leading resource in our implementation of ASC 606, including the design and implementation of revenue and cost recognition practices. This resource will also be a key contributor in the selection and implementation of a new ERP platform to accommodate our rapid growth and changing requirements.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Key contributor and compliance leader in adoption of ASC 606 and new ERP implementation
• Partner with Quote Team Manager to properly account for and bill revenue according to GAAP and new ASC 606 regulations
• Work with legal team to provide accounting guidance on contractual language and pricing scenarios to ensure accurate and compliant revenue recognition
• Become go to subject matter expert for changes to US GAAP accounting standards and impacts to FWI of potential changes
• Assist in ongoing compliance with domestic and international entities
• Support in the completion of external and internal audits
• Assist with month/quarter/year end close and other activities as necessary
Five years accounting or audit based experience
Experience with:SaaS software company revenue recognition practices
ASC 606 implementation
Domestic and international taxes (Sales & Use, VAT, Excise)
Masters in Accounting and/or CPA qualification strongly preferred
Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Very strong skills in Microsoft Excel are essential.
Determination to resolve complex historical reconciliation problems
Highly motivated and positive; ability to handle a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work as part of team to meet common goals with deadlines