Technical Accountant at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the
recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s
recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado,
we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges
of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact.
We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have
meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including
Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising
artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations,
raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do.
Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Technical Accountant reporting to the Corporate Controller to focus on
navigating through innovative and complex matters to support transactions and products to help
scale our business. have outstanding communication and writing skills, be attentive to details,
and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working with multiple cross functional
teams. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to develop strong working
relationships with cross-functional partners.
As our Technical Accountant, you will work to:
● Assist with certain technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and
documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions, adoption of new
standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters
● Interact with external auditors during year-end audits, quarterly reviews and technical
● Research new and proposed accounting standards and determining how the company
will account for and disclose these standards;
● Support and educate the business in its international expansion related to complexities
in the accounting
● Lead ad-hoc technical accounting projects, as needed
● Communicate accounting conclusions to various members of the team
● Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
● CPA certification
● Strong technical accounting research skills, ASC 606 and ASC 842 preferred
● Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact with all organizational levels
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision
● Able to handle multiple assignments and deadline-oriented
● Effective team player
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and education
● Master’s degree a plus
● Minimum 4 years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
● 4-6 years total accounting-related experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
● 1500 Cherry St., Louisville, CO. (temporarily remote during COVID protocols)
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. TheCompany does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against
other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
● Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a
person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or
● Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
● Marital status
● National origin
● Military or veteran status
● Age (40 or over)
● Disability (including genetic information)
● Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training,
promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing
of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a
collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base
salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible
work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: To Be Determined
● Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare
plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they
select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
● 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
● Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried
● Referral bonuses for staff positions.
● Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2
weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
● Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on