Tax Specialist at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
Evolve’s business is complex, dynamic and above all, exciting! We operate in a fast-changing, high-growth industry that includes multiple customers and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services.
The vacation rental tax compliance environment is complex and changing and as our Tax Specialist, you will be heavily involved with the indirect tax compliance success at Evolve. This position will support the tax team across many functions of the organization to help build the product & process to execute on the company’s indirect tax strategy.
What you’ll do
- Assist tax team with full-cycle indirect tax compliance by providing accounting-heavy support
- Assist in monitoring the sales/lodging tax system to ensure correct rates and tax rules are updated
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to build best indirect tax practices
- Heavy involvement in compliance processes: license registration & renewals, data preparation for return filing, account reconciliation
- This position will have no direct reports & will report to the Tax Director
What makes you a great fit
- 1+ years of indirect tax compliance or tax accounting experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources and communicating concise analyses to management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some technical knowledge of indirect tax & accounting for indirect taxes
- Lodging tax experience is a huge plus
- Experience in a startup tax function is a huge plus
- A passion for Evolve’s mission and values
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $45,000 to $55,000, depending on relevant experience.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.