Position Title: Tax Specialist
Personal Capital transforms how you understand, manage and grow your net worth. It starts with providing real-time information about your finances via state-of-the-art technology, and personalized, expert guidance to ensure you’re always moving towards your financial goals.
With over $8 billion in assets under management, and over 2 million users of our free tools, Personal Capital is the smart way to manage your financial life.
Personal Capital is looking for a second Tax Specialist to help provide deeper and more complex solutions for our clients. This is an opportunity to define how we provide Tax guidance and the chance to shape a new role within a fast-growing organization.
Candidates should be interested in delivering tax related guidance to stakeholders, as well as building processes and procedures related to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Tax Specialist will collaborate with fellow team members to review current and prospective client tax situations and will consult directly with advisors and clients around tax projections and strategies.
- Holistically review and identify problems, inefficiencies and opportunities related to estate and tax planning for clients.
- Work with internal Estate Planning Strategist on tax, wealth transfer matters, charitable giving, and extensive one-off unique transaction strategies (i.e Real Estate and Stock option projections).
- Remain up to date on tax law changes and comfortable communicating the effects of any changes to advisors and clients.
- Help develop a national CPA and tax specialist network.
- Occasionally work with internal teams on developing and disseminating tax related content, from training for advisors, to Personal Capital’s official blog postings.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 2+ Years of HNW tax experience
- CPA License and advanced qualification in Personal, Family and Small Business Tax management
- Experience with Tax Planning Technologies , Proficiency in MS Excel and word
- Advanced research skills to assist in providing possible solution for complex client issues
- Master’s Degree in income tax a plus