Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Research and resolve complex cases such as amendments and tax notices
- Work cross-functionally with our Care Advocate and Tax Operations teams
- Interact with government agencies to represent Gusto, advocate for our customers, and resolve complex tax cases
- Build lasting relationships with key stakeholders at local, state, and federal tax agencies
- Provide exceptional service to our customers
- Articulate future compliance requirements to our product team
Here’s what we're looking for in Gusties:
- Minimum 2 year of payroll experience. Payroll tax background or FPC is a plus!
- Great at detective work and problem-solving, with a keen eye for details
- Extremely organized and able to improve processes
- Learns quickly and adapts to a changing environment
- Can build relationships, influence, and negotiate better than most people you know
- Can communicate complex topics in a simple, digestible way
- Love putting a smile on our customers’ faces
This is a contract-to-hire position with a standard 6-month contract duration and opportunity to convert to full-time employment based on business need and performance. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.