Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
As a core part of making that happen, the Payroll Operations team makes sure our payroll tax engine is running smoothly and firing on all cylinders. We are looking for people to join our team that have a knack for details, want to improve processes, and have a passion for operations. In this role, you will be a founding Tax Operations member in Denver and help build the extension of our team. We’re a small, tight group that works hard and laughs a lot. No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment. Come join our team and directly help our 40,000+ customers focus on growing their businesses!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a process pro. Our customers depend on us to make their employer tax payments and filings accurately and on time. You’ll help process filings and make payments to employer tax agencies on behalf of our customers.
- Be a detective. When we hit errors or roadblocks in the process, you’ll investigate and solve issues that arise. Then you’ll help prevent it from happening again.
- Be an ambassador. You’ll own a portfolio of employer tax agencies. You’ll work with them to make sure we represent our customers the best we can, from setup through filing. Along the way, you’ll constantly keep our processes and documentation up to date.
- Be a guide. Our customers are business owners, not tax agency experts! You’ll help set up our customers for success in making sure they have the right information to pay and file taxes.
- Be a team player. We do what it takes to help our customers. You’ll chip in as needed as part of the team to help make sure we keep the engine running smoothly.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail. Our customers rely on us. You’ll never let something slip through the cracks!
- Problem solving. You love understanding why something happened, fixing it, and then making sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Improvement mentality. You will constantly challenge the status quo: how can we do this better?
- Organization. You keep lists, project plans, and prioritize like it’s second nature.
- Customer-first mindset. We love our customers, and you’ll help us fulfill our mission of helping business owners focus on what they do best: growing their business.
- Software-savvy. You can pick up new systems and tools quickly.
- Experience. We are looking for 1- 2 years experience with operations work; bonus points if you have experience with payroll administration or operations work in start-up environment.
- Background. Degree from a four-year accredited university/college.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.