Tax Analyst at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team
We are seeking a Tax Analyst to expand Angi’s Indirect Tax team, based in Denver, Colorado. This position presents an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced technology company, reporting directly to the Tax Manager. This position will collaborate with the Tax Manager on all aspects of Angi Inc. and subsidiaries’ U.S. Indirect Tax activities. The position is primarily responsible for supervising and reviewing sales and use tax filings and personal property tax filings, maintaining the monthly accounting close process for all tax accounts, and assisting with U.S. Indirect Tax audit defense. This position will also play a supporting role to the legal and payroll departments, assisting with state and local registrations and providing information for annual reports as needed. The role will be a primary contributor in implementing and integrating new systems and processes.
What you'll do:
- Conduct ongoing research of applicable tax laws as it relates to indirect taxes
- Reconcile and review all sales and use tax filings prepared by third party sales tax software providers
- Prepare all internal sales and use tax and personal property tax workpapers and filings for review by the Tax Manager
- Record monthly tax payments and tax accruals in general ledger system
- Maintain tax general ledger accounts and reconciliations
- Assist with defense of tax audits, including gathering and supplying supporting documentation and communicating with audit personnel as needed
- Manage incoming communications from taxing jurisdictions, respond to notices, and drive issues forward to resolution
- Conduct special projects related to tax activities as they arise
- Oversee maintenance of the sales tax software to ensure accurate outputs
What we're looking for:
- 1-4 years sales and use tax compliance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and shift directions as required
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to identify items that require escalation to the Tax Manager
- Broad knowledge of U.S. Indirect Tax planning, compliance, and strategy
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Business personal property tax experience preferred
- Experience filing annual reports and state and local legal and tax registrations preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Vertex, Avalara, and CCH Tax Research software preferred
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $60,000 - $75,000 with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world