PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Tax Accountant position will primarily be involved with the preparation and documentation of various tax returns, domestically and internationally. This includes being involved with income taxes, sales, consumption, and value added taxes, transfer pricing, the imports and exports process, and property tax reporting. This position will be directly within the tax department, reporting to the head of the tax team.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and compliance responsibilities, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist with month end close process
- Assist with research and building out our domestic and international infrastructure for compliance
- Work with external accounting firms, internal systems, and internal personnel to provide and prepare accurate and timely tax return filings
- Improve accuracy and timeliness of internal tax functions
- Assist leadership with improving business functionality and efficiency
- Duties as to be assigned
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required
- Experience with Excel and other Office products required
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required, Masters preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with tax basis accounting preferred
- Understanding of GAAP preferred
- Experience with sales and use tax software (Vertex) preferred
- Corporate or Partnership tax experience is a plus
- Sales and Use or Value Added Tax experience is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus