Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The SVP, Finance is a key supporting role for the Chief Financial Officer, providing end-to-end oversight of the operational finance functions. This role will be the “right hand” of the CFO on operational finance issues and heavily involved in driving improved performance across the group, creating a world-class finance organization, and providing assurance on financial performance across the group.
The SVP, Finance will also be part of the COO Leadership Team, giving business partnering support and insight to the COO, and will undertake special projects at the request of both the CFO and COO.
- Create a world-class finance operating model implementing best practices across the finance team which will result in a finance function that delivers fast, accurate, and predictable results.
- Provide leadership and direction across the entire finance function. Establish a working group including the business unit CFO’s to deliver the goal of a world-class finance function. This will include setting standards of excellence and coaching/training the finance organization.
- Ensure the development of relevant financial information and timely financial budgeting, planning, and financial reporting for senior leadership. Provide support in earnings releases and analyst events.
- Ensure the financial systems infrastructure is of the highest standard possible and utilizing the best external practices with tools which support fast and accurate production of results, whilst maintaining the controls required. This should take into account the business demands of future growth.
- Manage and control the organization’s financial processes, making the necessary changes to upgrade and improve process, policies, or procedures.
- Ensure that the finance performance is true and fair and operating in line with all legal, accounting, regulatory, and the ethics codes of the company. Also accountable for enabling the efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities.
- Create profit transformation function which operates across the group to foster a culture of continuous improvement. Drive programs which give assurance that all income is collected and all expenses are optimized. This will involve projects which drive process efficiency by sharing best practices across business units. Work with procurement to optimize 3rd party expense.
- Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations.
- Review monthly performance and financial results of the business unit and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for the business unit’s contribution to corporate.
- Perform duties as chief liaison between corporate finance and the business unit.
- Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan.
- Oversee and validate pricing models and lead initiatives to identify inefficiencies and areas of development and improvement.
- Act as a lead for internal and external audits.
- Lead rate setting activity and coordinate corporate and entity actuaries.
- 15+ years’ relevant financial leadership experience.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment and decision-making ability.
- Experience in a global and multi-state organization.
- Experience successfully operating in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment with a matrixed organizational structure.
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced, deadline and data driven work environment.
- Ability and willingness to provide a balance of strategy and execution with hands-on management that is detailed and works alongside of team to get things done.
- Proven record of building a strong team to deliver results to the business.
- Corporate FP&A
- Corporate Real Estate
- Revenue Assurance
- Accounts Payable
- Capital Management/Cash Accounting
- Risk Management
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.