Strategic Capital Reporting Senior at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Strategic Capital Reporting Senior
Do you want to play a role in global reporting at a large multi-national corporation?
Our Strategic Capital accounting team is responsible for the consolidation, financial statement preparation and external reporting of large multi-billion dollar ventures formed in the United States. We present the financial results and operating metrics of our business to external users such as banks and investors, including Prologis, Inc., which is a large multi-billion dollar global Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the S&P 500. As a Senior in Strategic Capital Reporting, you will be involved in consolidating, reviewing, analyzing and reporting the financial statements and results of Prologis U.S. Logistics Venture (USLV), a multi-billion dollar venture in which Prologis invests. Financial results will need to be prepared under U.S. GAAP for reporting to Prologis and IFRS for external reporting. You will be given the opportunity to interact with various internal teams in a complex and fast-paced environment. You should have a background in financial reporting, analytical and decision-making skills and a desire to learn and develop others.
Here’s how to do that:
- Prepare monthly analysis of financial data, including preparation of entries for eliminations and noncontrolling interest for reporting to Prologis
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly and quarterly consolidation of USLV financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS
- Assist with the preparation, review and distribution of the quarterly report and IFRS financial statements, including the annual audited financial statements, to our venture partner and fund management team
- Key role in coordinating the requests and the flow of information and documentation during external audit
- Facilitate payment requests for debt, equity and intercompany payments as well as general expenses
- Prepare account reconciliations and communicate with other internal departments to resolve any identified items
- Proactive communication with internal customers (Prologis accounting, USLV fund management and global strategic capital teams)
- Assist business partners with understanding accounting policies and practices
- Other duties, special projects and process improvements as assigned and/or identified
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience or general accounting experience in a large multi-entity / multi-national company or public accounting
- Extensive working knowledge of US GAAP and knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to independently and effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines under pressure and produce a quality work product
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups (oral and written)
- Demonstrated analytical, process improvement, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills
- High level of detail orientation and accuracy
- Advanced proficiency with Excel required and a working knowledge of general ledger systems and reporting tools preferred.
- Desire to further learn and enhance the general ledger system, associated subsystems, and reporting tools
- Comprehend accounting policies and procedures and can provide assistance to other team members
- Discretion with confidential information
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.