Stock Plan Administrator - Remote (Nationwide) at Workiva
The Stock Plan Administrator is responsible for administering existing stock plans to meet operational requirements and ensure equity awards are processed in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner. This position oversees necessary reporting is compliant with both statutory and SEC filing requirements.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities in administering the global equity program including all aspects of record keeping, reporting, compliance, and reconciliation
- Process equity transactions in compliance with current US and international rules and regulations, SOX controls and governing stock plan documents
- Ensure the integrity of the stock administration system by interfacing with Payroll, Accounting, HR, Legal, brokers and transfer agents
- Reconcile plan reserves, transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Research, implement, monitor, and improve processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Works closely with General Counsel to administer Insider Trading Policy, Trading Windows and pre- clearance requirements
- Communicate plan provisions to employees as part of education initiatives and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate
- Create, maintain, and update procedure documents
- Oversees compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Prepares month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting
- Assists with special projects and other duties as needed
What You'll Need
- A high level of proficiency with equity and spreadsheet software
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Highly developed audit and compliance skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels (including executive management and Board of Directors) and explain stock option, restricted stock units, and employee stock purchase plan
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- 4 years of prior experience in public company stock administration
- Shareworks by Morgan Stanley experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of mobile employee compensation issues strongly preferred (both international and domestic)
- Experience working in a global public company environment on equity taxation, reporting and compliance strongly preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree in business, accounting, or finance is required
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) Level 2 certification is strongly preferred
- Minimal travel
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].