Staff Senior Accountant at ThrivePass
ThrivePass' purpose is to empower employees to thrive. Our holistic benefits suite is designed to support employee wellbeing throughout their lifecycle within an organization.
We value our employees, their contributions, and strongly believe in employee development. Everything we do is tied to our CARE values: Courageous, Authentic, Resourceful and Excellent. Performance at ThrivePass is measured by embodiment of our CARE values and the accomplishment of quarterly Big 3 goals.
About the Role.
The purpose of this role is to maintain financial records and reports, perform account reconciliations, assist with budget and close processes, conduct internal audits, and maintain accounts payable documentation.
- Consistently hit quarterly goals while embodying our CARE values
- Prepare journal entries and ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements
- Perform complex reconciliations and variance analyses
- In collaboration with the finance team, develop and maintain process and controls documentation for areas of responsibility
- Accounts Receivable:
- Responsible for collecting and applying payments due to the organization
- Work with customers to resolve disputes and facilitate timely payments
- Process and review account adjustments
- Prepare customer account reconciliations and statements of account
- Deal with inquiries from customers in a prompt and professional manner
- Accounts payable:
- Develop and maintain the current systems, procedures, and policies for accounts payable
- Own the vendor on-boarding process and ensure all required documentation is obtained for accurate and timely vendor on-boarding and follow up when needed
- Own the month-end accruals AP report for all entities
- Manage all year-end tax required filings to IRS (1099’s, 1042’s, etc.)
- Receive, process and track and record in the general ledger all corporate credit card activity
- Manage compliance related to sales and use taxes, payroll taxes and associated registrations.
- Assist with board reporting, annual tax returns, reviews and audits
- Process operational Third-Party Administrator banking transactions
- Coordinate complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team and individuals across the organization
- Other projects and duties as requested by the VP of Finance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exercise judgment in a fast paced and changing environment
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Knowledge of HSA, HRA, FSA and COBRA a plus
- Working knowledge of general insurance terminology and understanding of benefit summaries, deductibles, and out-of-pocket costs
ThrivePass is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all team members. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $55,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
ThrivePass provides comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- & long-term disability, maternity & paternity leave, and 401K + match. We have an unlimited vacation policy, 5-year and 10-year sabbatical program, Thrive Account dollars, $300 learning and development funds and more.