Staff Accountant at Guild Education
Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions, including but not limited to monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements. The position will report to the Manager, Accounting and work closely with FP&A and Operations. The Staff Accountant will be a proven accounting specialist who loves to dig in and analyze data, helping the business make financially-smart decisions.
This role will be remote and may shift to office-first at our San Francisco or Denver locations once normal office activity resumes.Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze large amounts of data and prepare timely invoices for customers
- Lead billing and collections processes
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Review accounts payable invoices and investigate vendor inquiries
- Prepare month-end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with providing audit requests to the auditors
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Identify accounting issues and research the appropriate US GAAP accounting treatment
- Implement process improvements
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 2 years related accounting operations experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong system skills and data mining
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties
- Familiarity with Netsuite will be an asset
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $60,000-$75,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.