Staff Accountant at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect– improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment,
employees, and community.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Manage the Accounts Payable function. Duties will entail coding and routing invoices in Concur, managing
- Concur for invoice and T&E approvals, and maintaining vendor relationships including new vendor setups
- Working knowledge of Prepaid schedules, Fixed Asset modules
- Use strong excel skills to create journal entries related to Accounts Payable
- Complete weekly check runs
- Responsibilities during month end close include account reconciliations and posting journal entries through NetSuite
- Sales tax and other tax filings
- Assist accounting team with various projects and other duties
- Accounting Degree preferred or substituted with substantial relevant experience
- 3 Years Accounting experience, including reconciliations, journal entries and variance analysis
- Excel Skills - Intermediate
- NetSuite or other large ERP
- Concur Solutions, preferred but not required
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute: Be part of a team that works well together and gets things done. You will be able to bring ideas to the table for process improvements to help the Transactional Accounting team move forward and be ready for substantial company growth.
What you bring to Uplight: Winning attitude, fun and bright ideas!
Bonus Points: If you love dogs you’ll fit right in!
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.