Staff Accountant at DispatchHealth
DispatchHealth has redefined health care delivery to offer on-demand acute care and advanced medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own home. DispatchHealth’s emergency medicine and internal medicine-trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings and holidays, and can be requested via app, online or a quick phone call. DispatchHealth is partnered with most major insurance companies. For more information, visit DispatchHealth.com.
Mission: Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and verifying financial transactions in the general ledger. This individual will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger accounts, and assist with the month-end close procedures. With a strong foundation to build upon, he/she will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting and accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Accurately process routine and one-off journal entries
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts using critical thinking
- Produce error-free accounting reports
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with tax audits and prepare and submit use tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of various compliance reports and obtaining insurance, business licenses and more for new markets
- Assist with preparation of work papers for external audit
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Job Requirement and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant required
- Proven experience with an accounting team
- 1-2 years of accounting work experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, preferably NetSuite
- Advanced MS excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Relevant certification (CMA or CPA) preferred
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of a company that is innovative, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health and wellness benefits for full-time employees
- Flexible schedule
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.