Staff Accountant at Sovrn
About the Job
As the Staff Accountant you’ll be responsible for executing general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, including, cash receipt reporting and collections, journal entries, and reconciliations. We are looking for a talented and eager individual that will thrive in a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment.
About the Team
The Accounting team seeks to support Sovrn growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Sovrn at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses, while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable invoices.
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits and transactions.
- Manage collection efforts and monitor customer accounts to ensure timely payment.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner, which may include working with various internal departments.
- Prepare analytical and ratio analysis in relation to Accounts Receivable for management to gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing.
- Performs month end reconciliations related to Cash and Accounts Receivable and related general ledger accounts.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures related to internal controls and best practices.
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary.
You are a driven and detail-oriented individual who brings operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to your work.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience required in a Staff Accountant, or Accounts Receivable role
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times as this position will be exposed to highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, always changing, team-oriented environment
- Must pay high attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments
- Possesses the ability to prioritize multiple projects while staying organized in a fast paced environment
- Must be held accountable for agreed upon deliverables and timelines
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience in a technology-based growth company preferred
- Knowledge of the online publishing (media) industry.
This position reports to: Controller
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!