Staff Accountant at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Staff Accountant to join our tight-knit Accounting and Finance team, and focus on general ledger accounting and the month-end close process. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about and committed to the nuts and bolts of the various accounting processes, while also being a hands-on, friendly team member excited to work with other departments.
As a Staff Accountant, you will:
- Demonstrate passion for and expertise in the accounting function, activities and processes
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Prepare on-time month-end journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax returns
- Assist with year-end tax filings and external audits
- Assist in discovery and implementation of a new ERP system
- Research and respond to various accounting requests by digging into the details and problem solving
- Develop new ideas and best practices to improve and evolve accounting processes to support growth and scale
- Say “yes!” to a variety of related accounting team tasks and “in the weeds” projects with a positive attitude
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Obsessive attention to detail and organizational skills
- An auditors mindset for all supporting documentation within cloud-based (Google) environment
- Experience and expertise in general ledger, month-end and other aspects of GAAP accounting
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting role preferably at the staff account level or higher
- The ability to keep business information confidential
- Ability to learn required software programs including Xero, Excel, Expensify and bill.com
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to effectively prioritize, meet and establish deadlines
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced, changing and collaborative environment
- The ability to establish and follow business policies and controls
In addition to working with the accounting team (Charity Long, Abby Reinholt and Daniel Guzman), in this role you will collaborate with other Guild team members including: Kevin Atieh (Director, FP&A) and Andy Saavedra (Associate Help Desk Manager).
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.