PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Staff Accountant to the crew. The role will focus on maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, preparing reconciliations and reports, and assisting with process improvements. This opportunity requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and a passion for problem solving. A successful candidate can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare, submit, and improve monthly and quarterly commission and licensing reporting.
- Work interdepartmentally with sales and licensing teams to communicate and improve licensing and commission program.
- Read and summarize licensing and commission contracts; implement contract requirements into reporting metrics.
- Perform mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and
report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Prepare and record journal entries as part of the month-end close process.
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc requests and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with licensing and commission reporting requirements a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude