Staff Accountant at Havenly
Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that makes decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team in Denver. In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team to drive growth, seek process improvements and manage all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, fixed assets, and revenue recognition. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated and takes initiative to analyze financial performance, and investigate and correct potential weaknesses. If you’re excited for the opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make an impact, this is the role for you.What You'll Do:
- Own and optimize all aspects of accounting operations (including accounts payable and general ledger functions), including monthly and quarterly close processes, quarterly review and annual audit procedures with an eye on developing a future-ready finance team.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance.
- Lead the development and improvement of processes and procedures to establish and reinforce internal control for accurate financial statement reporting
- Coordinate all audit activity, including annual financial and contract audits
- Manage timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings
- Manage the resolution of complex accounting issues by preparing accounting memos detailing significant transactions/practices
- Implement, and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Continue to improve upon current internal controls, policies, and infrastructure to scale with the business
- Not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig in when and where necessary.
- Will report directly to Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in retail, tech or in a related, disruptive industry.
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Experience working with accounting and financial reporting systems, and designing and implementing systems and procedures.
- Experience leading the execution and optimization of accounting operations (i.e Accounts Payable) and accounting close processes.
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to work with all levels of management and staff within different departments
- You take initiative, think critically to solve problems and are comfortable juggling many projects at once.
- You have the ability to go deep into the details when required, as well as understand the overall vision of the work and anticipate possible issues before they arise.
- You have the capacity to operate within a collaborative environment with highly motivated teammates and interact with other parts of the business.
- You have a passion and excitement for learning, leaning into new and uncomfortable experiences and leading through change.
- You have strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards.
- You are kind, take ownership in all that you do, and truly enjoy the career you’ve chosen.
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, and see results.
- An opportunity to make and see an impact in a growing startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.