Are you a new grad in Accounting looking for a great opportunity with a corporate Accounting team? Or do you have a couple of years of experience and want to learn a new company’s process? ANGI Homeservices and HomeAdvisor is seeking a new Staff Accountant to join our Accounts Payable team.
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be responsible for daily review and analysis of AP and purchasing card transactions to ensure accurate and appropriate recording of expenses, as well as monthly accrual journal entries and account reconciliations. Additionally, you’ll:
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Prepare variance analysis reconciliations as needed
- Prepare quarterly schedule for financial reporting package
- Recommend Accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and policies
- Assist in internal and external audit process
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as directed by Management
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need to have a high level of integrity, maintaining customer and management confidence by keeping financial information confidential, and you’ll need to be able to communicate across all team levels and work collaboratively with both accounting and non-accounting professionals.
Additional experience and skills that are relevant to this role:
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of accounting experience, or a Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Demonstrable basic understanding of and ability to apply US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Accounting systems: NetSuite is a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.