Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant is a vital member of the general ledger team involved in the accounting close process, preparation of GAAP and management financial statements, and interim/annual audits. We're looking for an individual who is a strong team player with the ability and drive to seek out areas which need refinement and improvement and who is a self-starter.
- Be an integral part of the month-end close process including financial statement review and variance analysis.
- Generate and maintain monthly analytic files tracking changes in various Income Statement accounts. Correspond with FP&A team to ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage and maintain the fixed asset accounting system, including all depreciation and asset reports, and reconcile depreciation expense between the fixed asset system and the general ledger.
- Maintain account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepare miscellaneous journal entries including accruals and expense reclass entries.
- Work with external auditors to fulfill audit requests.
- Document and improve processes throughout the Accounting function.
- Work on projects as identified and assigned by management.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required.