Are you looking for the best place to elevate your career in accounting? Are you looking for an organization where your career can develop rapidly within a short time-frame? Tek Experts is expanding our established accounting team and are hiring a seasoned accountant in our Colorado Springs office.
The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant with the performance of general accounting functions – preparing journal entries, performing reconciliations, preparing financial reports and statements, ensuring the implementation of the company accounting control procedures, and ensuring the accuracy of the monthly payroll.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Perform general accounting functions
• Assist in preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements
• Assist in quarterly financial and compliance reviews and annual audit
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Ad hoc studies
• General full-cycle payroll (not outsourced)
• Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process
• General accounts payable
• Prepare general ledger and other reconciliations
• Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Review and process expense reports
• Assist in maintaining fixed asset ledger
• Prepare journal entries
• Cash-flow management
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all employees & departments
• Ensure constant self-development using day to day work, web based training, and any other available tool
• Present a positive, effective, and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives
Skills and competencies
Attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem analysis and problem-solving
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Good communication skills within all levels of the organization
• Experience of corporate or general accounting experience in a similar role required
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel required
• Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures required
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Full-cycle payroll experience preferred
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.