Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider’s growing finance team is looking for a passionate Accounting professional who wants to do exceptional work in a rapidly changing and engaging environment. You will report our Senior Accountant and will work on accounting tasks that vary between Operational and Financial Accounting with additional startup responsibilities that will offer opportunity to grow.
Overall, this position requires a detailed-oriented, energetic individual who has an excellent background in financial and operational accounting and thrives in a rapidly changing, “roll-up-your-sleeves” environment. This position interfaces with all levels of the organization including senior leadership and has the ability to grow into a management role. Below are some finer details.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable, receivable, payroll, credit cards, and fixed assets
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Review/Audit employee expense reports
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice to various stakeholders
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s OKR & goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule
- Assist with Sales & Use tax filings, property taxes, and other tax matters
- Work closely with outside accounting firms as it relates to Audits and Taxes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Finance manager to improve financial procedures
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks involving insurance, benefits, vehicle registrations & rebates
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline
- 2+ yrs. experience in Accounting or Transactional (A/R, A/P, Payroll) roles preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Highly organized with superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment with superior multitasking and anticipation skills
- Deadline driven with a can-do, get-it-done today attitude
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA) or advanced degree (MBA) will be preferred
- Experience working with outside accounting firms as it relates to Audits and Taxes
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $60,000 - 80,000. For benefits, check this out!
- Flexibility on work location. Can be based in Golden, Co or remotely.
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.