Pax8 is looking for an accountant with a great work ethic to join our growing finance team. This is not your typical stoic accounting environment doing the same repetitive tasks every day. The perfect candidate enjoys the challenges that come with a startup, and wants to make a difference and grow with the company. Pax8 is a quickly growing cloud distributor, and as we add more vendors/products to our catalog, this position will play a critical role in scaling our internal processes.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Participate in month-end close processes specifically related to cost of goods sold, including: Monthly Vendor invoice reconciliation, profit margin analysis, balance sheet reconciliations
- Regularly communicate with Pax8’s vendors to ensure costs are accurate, including following up on requested credits
- Work with internal Billing Specialists and Engineering Team to ensure accurate Pax8 billing through process changes and service credits/charges
- Partner with internal Product Team to facilitate the financial requirements of new vendor additions and existing vendor process changes
- Review pricing exception agreements and reconcile any exceptions to the vendor invoices
- Provide monthly reporting to management related to analysis and findings
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related field
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, sumifs, etc.)
- Highly analytical and able to work with large data sets
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 6,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.
Read Full Job Description