Staff Accountant - Revenue at HomeAdvisor
ANGI Homeservices (ANGI) connects millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Revenue team. As a Staff Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the daily, monthly and quarterly review and analysis of revenue for a couple of the ANGI subsidiaries. Additionally, your responsibilities will be:
- Reconciling cash daily for the subsidiaries
- Work with the Business Development team on maintaining Sponsorship, Revenue Share and Quarterly Rebate contracts
- Create month end invoices for certain affiliates and partners
- Create and import journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and research issues related to reconciliations
- Prepare revenue and balance sheet variance analysis
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement reports for financial review
- Document process for escheatment and handle escheat process
- Prepare quarterly schedules for financial reporting package
- Prepare ASC 606 deferred revenue rollforward schedules
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls and policies
- Assist in internal and external audit process
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as directed by Management
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks as needed
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need to have a high level of integrity, maintaining customer and management confidence by keeping financial information confidential, and you’ll need to be able to communicate across all team levels and work collaboratively with both accounting and non-accounting professionals.
Additional experience and skills that are relevant to this role:
- Minimum 1-3 years of accounting experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Demonstrable basic understanding of and ability to apply US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of curiosity
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Accounting systems: NetSuite and Workiva a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.