Staff Accountant II - Financial Reporting at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Staff Accountant II - Financial Reporting
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Our Financial Reporting team is responsible for the preparation and analysis of the Supplemental Earnings Release of Prologis, Inc., a large multi-billion dollar global Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the S&P 500. The Supplemental Earnings Release includes financial, operating, and development information prepared in conformity with U.S. GAAP, as well as other non-GAAP measures, and provides information for both Prologis and large multi-billion dollar ventures managed by Prologis. We work hard to ensure the financial information for the company’s supplemental is accurately presented at Prologis. As our Staff Accountant, you will collaborate with various members of Finance and Accounting to record and analyze financial and other information in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with a doer and leader mentality and has a great attitude. You should have a strong background in analytics, data analysis, quantitative analysis, great eye for detail, and a strong commitment to process improvement.
Here’s how to do that:
- Assist with the preparation of the Supplemental Earnings Release and venture reporting packages, including measures such as Funds From Operations, Adjusted Funds From Operations, EBITDA and Net Asset Value
- Prepare quarterly debt covenant calculations for outside lenders
- Review competitors’ supplemental reports and aggregate for our Competitor Analysis
- Support global coordination and testing of internal controls for SOX
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s annual Proxy report
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned areas in a timely manner
- Assist with the monthly reporting and analysis of our joint ventures
- Record real estate acquisition and disposition transactions
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries
- Partner with internal customers to achieve corporate strategic initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of supplemental schedules and reporting when required
- Continually enhance processes, including seeking opportunities to further automate procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum two years of general accounting experience in a large multi-entity / multi-national company or public accounting
- Demonstrated analytical (financial analysis), process improvement, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently and effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines under pressure and produce a quality work product
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written) to work effectively across multiple functional, cultural and management levels
- Detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results and reports within required deadlines
- Proficient with Excel (required) and ERP system (preferred)
- Desire to further learn and enhance the general ledger system, associated subsystems, and reporting tools
- Comprehend accounting policies and procedures and can provide assistance to other team members
- Discretion with confidential information
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.