Staff Accountant I at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Staff Accountant I
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Our Real Estate Accounting team is responsible for the real estate reporting and analysis of Prologis, Inc., a large multi-billion dollar global Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the S&P 500, as well as large multi-billion dollar ventures managed by Prologis. We work hard to ensure the financial information for the company’s U.S. real estate portfolio, including operating, development and land, is accurately presented and properly accounted for at Prologis. As our Staff Accountant, you will collaborate with various members of Finance and Accounting to record and analyze real estate transactions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with a doer and leader mentality and has a great attitude. You should have a strong background in analytics, data analysis, quantitative analysis, great eye for detail, and a strong commitment to process improvement.
Here’s how to do that:
- Analyze and prepare financial information and supporting schedules for both internal and external reporting in conformity with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including global real estate and development reporting
- Record real estate acquisition and disposition transactions
- Prepare account reconciliations for real estate accounts to assess validity, correctness and appropriateness of balances; prepare adjusting entries when required
- Calculate and prepare capitalized interest schedules for our global development and land bank, and record related journal entries
- Assist peers with development project updates and verify reporting within established guidelines
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of real estate and development reporting when required
- Comprehends all policies and procedures related to real estate accounting including an understanding of internal control systems and monitoring of the related processes
- Prepare and enter journal entries into PeopleSoft accounting system in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Performs other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- One year general accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word. PeopleSoft General Ledger knowledge a plus
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results and reports within required deadlines
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to research and solve issues in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively multitask
- Ability to gather and organize information and achieve logical conclusions promptly
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with peers; provide a high degree of customer service and is cognizant of situations where supervisors need to become involved
- Discretion with confidential information
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.