Staff Accountant I
The Accountant Staff generates daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, assists with balance sheet reconciliation and audit, evaluates transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information. This position is responsible for the Reporting, audit and reconciliation of Liability accounts. Identifies process problems or issues and escalates appropriately.
- Reconciliation and close– Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation for current liabilities and perform related research to identify variances and work through resolving issues, perform close related tasks to enter journal entries as needed.
- Reporting & Analysis – Generate and automate reports and analyze the results on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, provide summary to management.
- Audit: Provide full support for financial audit selection and PBC
- Identify the process improvement and the issues and work with different business partners to resolve issues and automate reports
- Perform variance analysis compared to budget/forecast and prior periods as needed.
- Special Project assignments - Support and or participate on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration required.
- 1-2 years related corporate accounting/finance experience, including GL and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, and ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Familiarity of accounting principles (GAAP) and strong Microsoft Office skills (Working knowledge of Access, Excel and Oracle is preferred).