Sr. Technology Business Consultant Commercial Banking at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and fun.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in North America
About the team
Banking partners can provide solutions to help optimize cash flow and maximize profitability. Banks can bring trusted advice and technology to meet the wants and needs of any business. FIS offers the solution certainty to deliver strategic end-to-end modern solutions to banks, in a way that enables them to build easy to buy, easy to use services for its small business and large corporate customers.
What you will be doing
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- The resource must have Commercial Banking expertise
- Subject matter expertise in front, middle or back office Deposits functions (i.e. Treasury Management not Lending)
- Must have held:
- Product Management, Technology, Sales/Sales Support, Customer On-boarding and Implementation or Customer Service roles
- Hands-on position and is detail orientated and worked directly with Commercial customers
Additional Roles & Responsibilities of team members:
- Work with customer to gather, assess and summarize their requirements
- Articulate the features and functionality of Profile 8 Ecosystem (P8 EC + BAM + MBC + XE + MUFG systems)
- Provide a vision of what is possible with Profile 8 Ecosystem (P8 EC + BAM + MBC + XE + MUFG systems)
- Partner with Commercial Banking Product Manager on current and future product features and functionality
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of satisfaction for both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant product and/or industry knowledge and expertise
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on solutioning
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
Bonus if you have:
- Branch banking knowledge
- Financial services’ software implementation proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- SQL and data analysis competency
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.