Sr. Tax Specialist at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve’s business is complex, dynamic and above all, exciting! We operate in a fast-changing, high-growth industry that includes multiple customers and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services.
The vacation rental tax compliance environment is complex and changing and as our Sr. Tax Specialist, you will be heavily involved with the indirect tax compliance success at Evolve. This position will support the Tax Director & Indirect Tax Manager across many functions of the organization to help build the product & process to execute on the company’s indirect tax strategy.
In this role you will:
- Assist Tax Manager with full-cycle indirect tax compliance
- Assist in monitoring the sales/lodging tax system to ensure correct rates and tax rules are updated
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to build best indirect tax practices
- Heavy involvement in compliance processes: licensing, data preparation for return filing, account reconciliation, and assessment resolution
- Address & respond to jurisdictional audits
- This position will have no direct reports & will report to the Tax Director
- 3+ years of indirect tax compliance experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources and communicating concise analyses to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical knowledge of indirect tax, accounting for indirect taxes, & statutory research
- Lodging tax experience is a huge plus
- Experience in a startup tax function is a huge plus
- A passion for Evolve’s mission and values
A Little About Us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry’s best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.