Sr. Securities Finance Business Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our team is part of FIS’ Capital Market Solutions technology and services that facilitate the movement, management and growth of money. Our section of Capital Markets focuses on segregation and inventory management to assist broker dealers in complying with 15c3-3 regulations and is commonly referred to as the ‘Loanet Suite of Solutions’. Our team consists of 5 Business and Product Analysts, who current support over 30 customers on multiple solutions. Currently, we are looking for someone with a strong Securities Finance background (5+ years), who truly understand the depth of the securities finance business.
As a Business Analyst, you will engage new and current Smart Loan customers to determine the best way to meet their security finance business needs.
Smart Loan is a real-time inventory management / deal management system. It is a modular application that automates securities lending and borrowing, collateral management, short sale authorizations, real-time P&L and other related functions.
What you will be doing
As an FIS Business Analyst for the Loanet Suite of solutions, you will be responsible for corresponding with customers, providing detailed analysis and specifications to developers, troubleshooting customer issues and testing Smart Loan.
Some of your key responsibilities would be:
- Determining business requirements
- Met with customers to discuss and understand their business requirements
- Creation of Business Requirement Documentation (BRD)
- Write clear and concise specifications and/or acceptance criteria for our development team
- Testing and certification of business requirements
- Work closely with the customer to implement their requirements into Production
- Work with a development team to certify our applications.
- Train new clients on our solutions; support client certification.
- Spearhead professional services initiatives, creating statements of work and working with development teams for implementation of same.
What you bring:
- Five or more years in the security lending business
- Knowledge of the brokerage industry including 15c3-3 requirements
- Excellent oral and writing communications
- Ability to write clear and concise specifications and/or business requirements
- Ability to think of better ways to improve upon the customers current securities lending platform
- Understand the Business Development lifecycle
- Work closely with development and other team members
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.