Sr. Manager, Global Network Expense
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position will be responsible for managing the network expense (netex) analyst team for the Transport business segment. Network expense (type II or carrier access) is the single largest bucket of costs in our P&L and represents a large savings opportunity. The network expense manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of the analyst team, ensuring timely payments to our vendors, and escalating internally and externally as needed. A strong understanding of the income statement and balance sheet will be key for this role to also drive run-rate expense reductions, accrual releases, and overall command and control of the netex spend for the segment.
Individual should have good understanding of network cost, mainly type II or off-net circuit cost, network structure, and some prior working knowledge with a network team. Position will have high level of visibility within the segment including the President and CFO.
- Responsible for setting team performance & expense savings targets and monitoring progress towards those goals.
- Ensuring vendor escalations & disputes have been filed and are being managed by the analyst team.
- Reconciling vendor-level GL activity across multiple Transport product groups, providing monthly read-outs to the leadership team.
- Mentorship and career development are key roles that this role will play in ensuring the long-term success of the netex team.
- Solid understanding of third party network expense, namely type II access.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with the Teoco payment system a plus.
- High energy and ability to work across the entire organization to get required work done.
- Ability to lead a team of 8-10 people and drive towards business goals & initiatives.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave