Sr. Indirect Tax Manager at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role:
Evolve’s business is complex, dynamic and above all, exciting! We operate in a fast-changing, high-growth industry that includes multiple customers and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services.
The vacation rental regulatory environment is complex and changing and as our Sr. Indirect Tax Manager, you will be heavily involved with the indirect tax compliance success at Evolve. This position will support the Director of Tax across many functions of the organization to help build the product & process to execute on the company’s indirect tax strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and building from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Tax Director by supporting and influencing all aspects of the company's indirect tax compliance planning and execution
- Execute & oversee heavy research of statutory and ordinance-based requirements
- Collaborate with external advisors and technology partners
- Monitor the sales/lodging tax system to ensure correct rates and tax rules are applied and updated correctly
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to build best indirect tax practices
- Ensure the compliance and audit processes are executed timely & accurately
- Address and respond to jurisdictional audits
- This position may have direct reports in the future
What makes you a great fit:
- 8+ years of indirect tax, with management-level experience
- Deep technical knowledge of indirect tax, to include statutory research (experience with Checkpoint is beneficial), registration, compliance, and audit processes
- Experience building startup tax compliance operations is a huge plus
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills; self-starter mindset
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources and communicating concise analyses to senior leadership
- An unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Lodging tax experience is a huge plus
- A passion for Evolve’s mission and values
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $85,000 to $95,000.
A Little About Us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry’s best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.