Sr. GL Accountant
Who We Are
Spectralink – The Enterprise Mobility Company – is the global leader in enterprise wireless communications. Since 1990, Spectralink Corporation has deployed over 3 million purpose built devices to customers around the world enabling millions of workers to work smarter with more efficient and reliable enterprise communications. Spectralink solutions enable voice, texts, alarms, alerts, and key applications. They are highly interoperable with the leading enterprise call control, WiFi access points and workflow applications. Spectralink has a strong network of partners selling mobile workforce solutions that are purpose-built for staff working in sectors including healthcare, retail and manufacturing. Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, Spectralink has now expanded its Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) business by opening its EMEA sales headquarters in London, UK and will continue to leverage the unique expertise of its technical and sales support center of excellence, based in Horsens, Denmark.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior GL Accountant is responsible for assisting in all areas of the accounting function, including, but not limited to processing journal entries, analyzing and reconciling accounts, bank reconciliations, Sales and Use Tax reporting, month/quarter-end close and internal/external financial reporting. Additionally, this position assists in documentation of processes and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and post journal entries: reversing, recurring and standard
- Prepares daily reconciliations of various bank and credit card accounts
- Reconcile prepaid accounts, accrued expense, and others
- Coordinate communications and financial information with our Denmark location
- Assist in a wide variety of variance analysis, researching and resolving problems and documenting conclusions
- Provide month end financial information to various departments and researches inquiries
- Analyzes and adjusts accounts (i.e. Fixed assets, cash, freight, inventory, accrued expenses, etc.)
- Assist in monthly analysis comparing actual results to prior periods
- Coordinate and assist in conducting accurate and timely month/quarter-end closings, e.g., financial statements, accruals, allocations and eliminations.
- Prepare monthly Sales and Use Tax Reports
- Assist accounting staff members in general ledger activities
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements and analysis.
- Assist in data gathering for purposes of audits and other special projects
- Perform monthly General Ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with development and implementation of internal controls and policies and procedures
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of findings
- Partner with Operations/Service/Engineering/Product/Marketing and Sales to maintain an understanding of the process and look for ways to improve.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP
- Minimum 2-5 years GL Accounting experience
- use of a general ledger system, including AR, AP & PR
- researching and documenting account analysis
- providing written narratives, variance analysis, etc.
- comfortable in an ERP system environment
- Familiarity with Oracle, foreign currency translation, intercompany and revenue recognition preferred
- Strong excel skills to initiate improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to all levels of colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple business areas
- Ability to work cooperatively and congenially with others in a team environment
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal supervision
What We Offer
At Spectralink you’ll have an opportunity to work in an established, profitable company on well-respected, globally distributed products. When you look us up you’ll find that we have been around for a while and have had an amazing ride; an IPO, an acquisition, now coming full circle with the tremendous opportunity to be back on our own. We are excited about the future. We have an incredibly dedicated and passionate team, new executive leadership and a renewed focus to continue to dominate our industry.
All of this history makes us unique, we’re a smaller company (under 200) which means you’ll have a voice in the organization, along with a seasoned team and proven products. We offer a 401k match as well as a comprehensive benefits plan.
Join us and be part of our next great chapter!