Sr. FP&A Analyst at HomeAdvisor
The Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reporting to strategic analysis. This position will report into the Vice President of FP&A and play a key role in telling the ANGI financial story internally and to external stakeholders . In your first year our goal is to have you capable of querying our database for insights, communicate opportunities to leadership, then establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper execution of the strategy.
- Prepare presentations that follow a logically-reasoned, data-supported approach, allowing executives to understand detailed analyses in the context of an overarching business case
- Working closely with business owners to explain business trends and determine drivers of variances to forecast and prior years
- Conducting or assisting with financial analysis projects by retrieving and analyzing data
- Actively participate in enhancing FP&A practices and processes
Key Attributes Needed for Success
- Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours. Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple business partners.
- Business acumen – deep understanding of what drives growth and value.
- Clarity of thought – strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to prepare presentations and build consensus / receive buy-in from Executive leadership.
- Team Oriented – Able to earn trust and influence and motivate without authority. Capable of leading others, working independently, and earning respect and credibility from Executives through knowledge, execution ability, inclusiveness, and effective communications.
- Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action.
- Resilient – independent problem solver with ability to overcome roadblocks or other obstacles and pursue and close complex deals.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years progressive experience related to FP&A, corporate development, financial modeling and analysis and strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence effectively across various departments
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, demonstrable SQL skills or MS Access experience
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.